- 15: Most players that signed new contracts this offseason (on or before September 15th) can be traded.
- 5: Teams can begin signing players to 10-day contracts.
- 10: Players on non-guaranteed contracts have their contracts guaranteed for the remainder of the season. Players must clear waivers by this date to avoid having their deals guaranteed.
- 15: Players with Bird or Early Bird rights that re-signed with their own over-the-cap team (on or before October 15th) and received at least at 20% raise can be traded.
- 15: Last day teams can apply for disabled player exceptions.
- 21: Trade deadline.
- 1: Players released after this date are ineligible for the postseason if they sign with a new team.
- 10: Disabled player exceptions expire.
- 17: Last day of regular season. Last day players can sign contracts for 2012/13. Luxury tax figures are determined using team salary on this day.